Join us for a sinister evening of theatre, puzzle solving and ghostly encounters.
It was 1871, and every level of the pumping station was bustling with activity in preparation for the grand opening of the 100” Cornish Engine, when two unexpected guests from the workhouse arrived demanding to see the small boy who had been apprenticed to the Chief Engineer.
Now, more than a century later, a child’s crying has been heard from beneath the Cornish Engine and it is starting to unnerve the tourists. The Museum has invited the master of the supernatural, Jack Daw, to awaken the past and uncover the truth.
You must solve the mystery in groups of six so bring friends or we can put you into a group with other audience members on the night.
Victorian High Tea is included in the ticket price. Beer and Wine for the interval can be pre-ordered at the cafe between 7.15 and 7.30pm.
High Tea includes vegetarian options. If you have any other dietary restrictions please email firstname.lastname@example.org before buying your ticket.
Unfortunately this show is not wheelchair accessible.
"Think of an interactive murder mystery in which you, the audience, must solve the crime, and you’ll probably imagine a seedy hotel ballroom in the off-season downtime. But The Silhouette in the Smoke is a genre-busting show that breathes new life into a tired genre....This is a show that achieves all it sets out to do, with wit and style. The magnificent surroundings of the pumping station provide the perfect backdrop, and the actors’ characterisation never wavers under pressure. A hugely enjoyable evening, which cannot be recommended too highly. (And the high tea was a real bonus.)"
"...the looming threat of the powerful machines all lend a deliciously gloomy air of menace and otherworldliness to the proceedings...It’s all about the fun of the chase, the atmosphere and the escape from the cold, dark reality of January. Theatre doesn’t get much more interactive or much better than this."
On sale until 30th Dec 2019
Jack Daw's Guest
Includes Victorian High Tea
|19:15 - 22:00||£28.00|
Includes Victorian High Tea
|19:15 - 22:00||£26.00|
London Museum of Water and Steam, Green Dragon Lane, London, TW8 0EN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.