The old librarian, Gwendolyn Radcliffe, never forgot that fateful night in June 1962. Esteban Moreño’s lecture on Cuban music was poorly attended. His meagre audience was composed of herself, a young journalist, his model girlfriend, a Mathematics student and a drunken vagabond. However, the event made the news when the drunk was found dead beneath the Library less than an hour later. The police never identified him, but from then on Gwen often felt she could see the haunting shadow of a sleeping man, slumped among the shelves.
Now in 2018, Gwendolyn has discovered that an undercover agent named ‘Anillo Rojo’ disappeared in London that very same night. She has hired the master of the supernatural, Jack Daw, to investigate this mystery. He is looking for bright minded people to join him and unlock the dark past of the Library.
Jack Daw will put you into groups of five or six, one to focus on each suspect, so bring friends or make new ones on the night.
Dead Quiet has been created with an exhilarating mix of historic facts and classic sixties spy stories.
All interactions are initiated by the audience and you will not be called on to do something you are uncomfortable with.
The show does involve a fair amount of walking around the space and travelling up and down stairs so please wear sensible shoes.
We have one wheelchair accessible route but due to the size of the lift this is limited to one per show.
On sale until 30th Dec 2019
Full Price - Matinee Performance
Entry at 1.30pm.
|13:30 - 16:30||£23.00|
Concession - Matinee Performance
Student and OAP. Please bring ID. Entry at 1.30pm.
|13:30 - 16:30||£21.00|
Child Ticket - Matinee Performance
Ages 12-18. Entry at 1.30pm.
|13:30 - 16:30||£19.00|
Full Price - Evening Performance
Entry at 7pm
|19:00 - 21:40||£23.00|
Early Bird - Evening Performance
Entry at 7pm
|19:00 - 21:40||£18.00|
Concession - Evening Performance
Student and OAP. Please bring ID. Entry at 7pm.
|19:00 - 21:40||£21.00|
Child Ticket - Evening Performance
Ages 12-18. Entry at 7pm
|19:00 - 21:40||£19.00|
Kensington Central Library, 12, Phillimore Walk, London, W8 7RX
High Street Kensington (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.