The wedding of East End gangster, Jim Slice, in July 1955 is remembered for two things: the Slice family’s notorious reputation and the fatal stabbing of the priest before the ceremony could start. Despite numerous allegations and suspicions, the murder of Reverend Gris was never solved. We are calling you to step back in time, to that fateful day, and investigate the truth behind a close knit community torn apart by World War Two, rebuilding life from the rubble. Uncover a seething pit of family in-fighting, war-time secrets, blackmail, smuggling, and, of course, murder…
Coming this summer to the stunning church and surrounding graveyard of St Matthews in the heart of Bethnal Green.
Solve the murder in groups of 5-8! So come with friends or make some on the day.
1950’s wedding attire encouraged! This is the fifth in ImmerCity’s sell-out immersive Mystery series after: Dead Quiet at Kensington Central Library, Silhouette in the Smoke at The London Museum of Water and Steam, Death of the King at Colab and The Suicide at Vine House at Vine House.
Q: Will I be forced to interact?
A: Absolutely not. In the first half you will need to watch and listen to solve the mystery. In the second half you interrogate the suspects, but you do this in a group so you can let others ask the questions. We want to offer you a world to explore and investigate as much, or as little, as you like.
Q: Will the show be cancelled in the event of rain?
A: We perform rain or shine, though some sections may be adjusted to be performed inside!
Q: How accessible is the show?
A: The show can accommodate wheelchair access and people who struggle with stairs, so please email email@example.com before booking and/or talk to box-office on arrival to ensure you are set on the right route.
"The Unholy Marriage… is a superb collision of the atmosphere of the venue, the history of the area and a well-plotted and engaging drama that throws you into the heart of the action. It offers three very different acts – all of which were tightly plotted, gripping and excellently directed. The story was complex and demanding and the timing of the different scenes – ensuring that everyone was where they were supposed to be at the same time as making sure the audience got the experience required was extraordinary "
Soaked in Dreams
"Cleverly blending local historical fact with fiction... the innovative theatrical/interactive murder mystery format is engaging... there were enough red herrings, rabbit holes and wild theories thrown into the mix by ImmerCity to keep us on our toes, and with this fun, multi-genre approach to immersive theatre, it’s a hugely entertaining way to spend the evening."
"An enjoyable, immersive murder mystery, elevated by a superb cast, that delights in its unusual setting"
On sale until 30th Dec 2019
Come and be a lovely test audience for the preview on 18th July.
|19:15 - 22:00||£17.00|
Sweetly Wedding Guest
|19:15 - 22:00||£25.00|
Sweetly Wedding Guest (Conc.)
Under 25, Over 60, Student, Disabled access route.
|19:15 - 22:00||£23.00|
Slice Wedding Guest
Adult ticket with one wine or beer
|19:15 - 22:00||£29.00|
Slice Wedding Guest (Conc.)
Ticket for: Under 25, Over 60, Student, Disabled access route, with one wine or beer.
|19:15 - 22:00||£27.00|
Sweetly Wedding Party (group discount)
Group discount for booking a team of 6-8 people.
|19:15 - 22:00||£23.00|
Slice Wedding Party (group discount)
Group discount for booking a team of 6-8 people plus one bottle of wine to share.
|19:15 - 22:00||£25.00|
St Matthews Church, Bethnal Green, St Matthew's Row, London, E2 6DT
Bethnal Green (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.